Sunday 7 August 2016

Running and Walking

Suffered a bit of a setback today. My mum saw a photograph of me last weekend and I had to bluff my way out of it. For a moment I thought I was going to have the courage to tell her but I bottled it. Perhaps I'm not as strong now as I thought.  I also brought it up with the girl I'm seeing as she's going to be seeing me in crossplay soon anyway and she kind of laughed it off. Not the full story mind, cosplaying is one thing but outside of that is another.

Should I ever tell my mum though? Maybe I should just keep it hidden, might be the best for everybody but then again it is becoming much more of a thing in my life. A few years ago, if I had to give it up for my partner then I probably would have done but nowadays I'm not so sure I could. I've explored this side of myself a lot lately and have started to make my peace with it. To go back to nothing could be a bit of a blow. I guess nothing's really changed over the last day but that's just the way I'm feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Just be yourself. Remember though that we do have a bunch of ourselves lurking about inside of us. How guarded you are of each of them will determine your path. After reading the last few posts, I'm glad to see you both do some new things AND still be cautious and take stock of each moment.

    You've got a good head on your shoulders and I'm sure you have a good handle on the situation.

    Would the family really freak out if they discovered that you liked to dress? If it is important enough to you, I guess that you'll deal with it when it comes up and you've gotten a clearer sense of where you are going with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Dee. This is the clearest I've seen things for a long time and I know my family won't freak if I told them. It's not like I would be disowned or anything but I can just see the expression on my mum's face.

    I guess for the first time I'm actively considering telling them rather than keep it to myself for the rest of time. Maybe I just got a bit to big for a while.

    ReplyDelete