Tuesday 18 December 2012

Dress Up Day

Well, I have a day off work today after attending a Doctor Who convention over the weekend.

I didn't crossplay again mainly because I didn't have much time/too lazy to put together a costume. I kind of wish I had though since there were some great costumes on show. One girl cosplayed as a Christmas tree and that definitely deserves respect; she looked amazing. I have to admit though that Oswin Oswald's red dress is very tempting. I have to say it wasn't my finest hour looking for love but I think I've discovered a few of my hang ups which I may or may not discuss at some point. 

Anyway, my reason for this brief blog (or at least it was when I started) was that since I have today off I thought I would try some dressing; at least until my housemate comes home. He recommended I watch a documentary on a transsexual the other day. Not sure what that means. It was a good programme though so if anyone gets a chance to see Transsexual Teen Beauty Queen then give it a shot. So, I'm currently sitting in the skirt and tights I bought for my Amy Pond crossplay. It feels a little cold but then this is winter time and the skirt isn't that tight so I just feel the tights more but otherwise it's nice. I can't say I finally feel released like others would but it's nice to give it a go for a few hours on my own. 

I think that this is how I would like it to be. I would like the freedom to wear a skirt or a dress sometimes. I doubt I would want to go the full wig and make-up route; I'm too much of a slob for that. Around this time of year when it's cold I just like to wear big, warm clothes too but at other times it would be nice to dress up. To have the freedom to do so.  I'm continually waiting for a knock at the door though or fearing any situation in which I might be 'found out' and trying to think up excuses. 

Oh well, It's fun for now. 






1 comment:

  1. I know *exactly* what you mean about the dressing. Enjoy the time you have!

    ReplyDelete